Friday, 11 December 2015

Week 11 - Tie Fighter Lasers

Early this week I completed another part to my animation which was a sequence in which the Tie Fighter shoots out four lasers. The camera is located in front of the Tie Fighter so the lasers are shooting directly at the audience, this gives the perception that you're actually there looking at it. It's almost as if you could watch it in 3D. Here is the video:




Evaluation:

Positives:
  • The smooth movement of the tie fighter and how it moves through the scene. It's doesn't stutter or make any sharp movements. This shows the zero gravity in space.
  • The quality of the tie fighter and how you can see the glisten of the metal from the light.
  • The background isn't pixelated and is a good quality environment.

Negatives/Improvements:
  • The fact that the lasers aren't actually coming from the guns itself, some are a bit off from the guns. I could have improved this by actually starting the lasers inside the tie fighter where the guns were situated and maybe using a path controller with a spline.
  • None of the lasers went straight into the camera which is what I really wanted to do, I tried moving the lasers into the camera but because of how the lasers had been rotated this could not be achieved. Again I could have used a spline and a path controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment