Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Week 6 - Tie Fighter (Part 2 - Completed)

This is the part 2 post for my Tie Fighter which is now completed.


As I said in a previous post I struggled with the cockpit of the Tie Fighter but this time I took my time and managed to get to work. I first rotated the sphere so that it was easier for me to create this window effect. I extruded the faces that were already on the sphere and made insets so that I could create Georgian style window bars. The cockpit has a Octagon shape in the middle which I found hard to create so instead I created a separate shape and grouped it to this shape. Thus making it look more like the actual ship. I also beveled two sections at the top of the sphere because in the blueprint this is what it has. I also scaled and moved it to match the blueprint.


As I didn't have a back blueprint of the tie fighter, I looked up detailed images on Google to figure out what the backside of the cockpit looked like, I also added some detail myself. I used mostly, extrude and bevel to make this as detailed as possible.


Instead of creating the arms off of the shape itself I decided to use a different shape. I used a cylinder shape because I closely examined more images on the internet and it turns out that the actual arm itself is a cylinder shape. I am glad I chose a cylinder shape as I think it turned out quite well.
I clicked a few edges and connected them together to make another edge, this helped me split up the arm into smaller sections.
I have also added little guns to the front of the cockpit, the below image you can see them more clearly.


These are the guns up close.


The arms in this image are more detailed. I clicked on all the edges on the side of the arms to see what detail it would create once I also beveled it. It turns out that this worked quite well. I also did this to the backs of the arms.


This is the finished model,I cloned the arm and rotated it so that it could go on the left hand side. I then renamed everything that I needed to rename and grouped everything accordingly.

Overall, although this was a slow process model, I am proud of what I have achieved.


No comments:

Post a Comment