This exercise is from the Introductory notes part 3. This includes the lathe exercise in which I use this to create a pawn and other chess pieces.
There were a few problems that I came
across in which I figured out in the end. The problem was that the grid wasn't in the right place so every time I used the line tool it wouldn't do all of the chess piece in which I thought I had to draw around all of it. But in fact I only had to draw around half of it and mess with the settings afterwards so that it looked like a pawn. Here is my rough pawn chess piece:
This is how I created this model. I first put the grid down so that it was flat against the image. I then chose the line tool to draw around half of the shape. I then modified it by changing vertices so that the edges were much smoother.
Here is the improved version with smoother edges:
Here is the second section to this exercise which is to create the bishop:
The only thing that was left to do was create the gap that was in the top of the Bishop. To do this I had to use a Boolean operation, in which I have succeeded from this picture below:
No comments:
Post a Comment