Saturday, 7 November 2015

Week 6 - Y-Wing (Part 2 - Completed)


Today I carried on with the main body as the arms were completely done. On the main body I made it wider and added more depth to it as it was too skinny and small. The front end was slightly down so I moved this by moving the vertices. I connected some edges and vertices together to create the extruded part at the back. 


I looked at some more images on Google which showed the back end of the ship. This is why I've added two circles and attached them to the back by grouping it to the main body. As you can see I've finished detailing the back of the ship and started on the cockpit. This was the hardest task as the edges and vertices weren't all aligned properly. 


There were many images that included R2-D2 so I decided to include him to add more detail to my ship. It took me a long time to decipher how to create the cockpit and to move all the vertices about. This was the most difficult part of the ship.


As you can see I have grouped all the items and named all the items accordingly. 


As you can see I completed the rest of the cockpit. I extruded most of the faces slightly so that you could clearly see they were Windows. I also included a round sphere as there was a sphere like cockpit included in the front of the ship. I think this adds a cool effect to it in general.

This is the Y-Wing completed! Overall I am quite happy the way this has turned out considering I completed this in two days. There are a few things that I could have done differently like not putting so many edges and vertices on the main body as this caused a few errors in my design but still looks good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment