This is my Tie Fighter model so far which I have not completed yet.
First of all I used a cylinder and changed the sides to six so it made a pentagon shape. I then used the side blueprint as a base to build up the side of the wing. This helped a lot as I got the right shape perfectly. To make the insets for the middle part of the wing, I created a few edges from the corner of the middle pentagon that I connected. I then extruded/Beveled these edges and faces to make it more 3D. This was the hardest part of the model as I found it difficult to make a mini pentagon in the middle for me to attach more edges to it but in the end I am pleased with how it turned out.
Because I found making the edges difficult for the middle parts of the wing, I decided to make a clone and basically attach it to the back. This saved a lot of time and probably a lot less polygons as well. As you can see on the left hand side; I have grouped the whole wing together and named it accordingly.
I then cloned this wing and put it on the other side. I am quite happy with how the wings have turned out, although it may be quite difficult to texture them. I have now added a sphere for the middle part of the Tie Fighter, this will now be edited to make it more detailed.
No comments:
Post a Comment