Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Week 2 - Steering Wheel Exercise


First of all I used a tube for the ring around the outside to create the base of the steering wheel and then used two cylinders for the two round parts in the model. These bits were straight forward and didn't take me long to do.



After this I then started to add boxes for the base of the handles of the steering wheel. This was also pretty simple although it was time consuming because lining all of them up so that they were all equal was difficult. I did save time by cloning each one though. 


Before this I was slightly stuck as to what to do next. After a while I thought to add cylinders to the handles so that they look like handles that someone can hold. As well as this I also added a bit more to it by using boxes as decorating for the outer, middle and inner parts.


To make it less plain; I then added cylinders to the middle.

Overall making the ships steering wheel wasn't too complicated. I did have a few problems with getting all the shapes aligned properly so it looked symmetrical but I'm new to 3DS Max so for a first go at using it I was quite happy with how this model turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment